The Utah Department of Health wants everyone to have a safe and happy Halloween! If you are planning Halloween (or other holiday) activities, we have some tips and recommendations from our partners at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to keep you and your family safe while having fun.
- Get vaccinated. Many of those ghosts and witches in your neighborhood aren’t old enough to get a vaccine and you don’t want to be the one to give out COVID-19 this year.
- ‘Tis the season for masks. Not only your grim reaper mask, but also your COVID-19 mask. If you’re headed somewhere indoors, like a haunted house or a wild witching party, put on a mask and don’t be the creature that spreads COVID.
- No matter if you’re out digging shallow graves or casting spells, wash those hands!
- Unfortunately princesses and superheroes can sometimes get sick. Don’t go out and spread the curse, get tested and stay home.
- Who doesn’t like a backyard party? The COVID-19 virus is who!!!! Have your fun outside and COVID-19 is less likely to haunt your guests.
- While ghosts can walk through walls and witches can ride on brooms, both can get hit by cars. Make sure your goblins are safe and watch out for them haunted if you’re driving.